Seasonal Road Restrictions
Spring Road Restrictions
The Spring road restrictions for 2019 for all Township roads go into effect on Friday, March 6, 2020 at 12:01 am.
The ending dates for Spring road restrictions are based on how weather is affecting roadway strength. These dates are established by monitoring roadway strength as weather conditions change. Therefore, the ending dates for Spring road restrictions are variable. The Township follows the dates for seasonal road restrictions determined by the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT). As soon as a date is set, MnDOT will report this date on its 24-hour automated message center at 651-366-5400 or toll free at 800-723-6543. The Township will also post updates when they come available.
The majority of Township maintained roads are restricted to five tons, with the following roads being the exception to the five-ton restriction. These roads are designated nine tons:
- Hammond Road between Otter Lake Road and Polar Lakes Park
- Township Parkway between Hammond Road and White Bear Parkway
- White Bear Parkway between Bibeau Road and Otter Lake Road
- Meadowlands Drive between Centerville Road and Allendale Drive
- Birch Bend Lane between Highway 96 and Meadowlands Drive
- Constellation Drive East of Centerville Road
- Whitaker Street between Otter Lake Road and Margaret Street
- Leibel Street between County Road J and Highway 61
During Spring road restrictions, White Bear Township does not issue permits or exceptions for overweight transport.
All County and State roads within the Township boundaries have varying restrictions, so please call the appropriate authority for up to date weight restrictions:
- Ramsey County at 651-266-7100 for restrictions on County Maintained roadways
- Contact MnDOT at 651-582-1550 for restrictions on state highways